Careers at Visual Magnetics
CERTIFIED INSTALLER, SUBCONTRACTOR
Are you an experienced installation professional who is eager to be a part of an installation network specializing in Visual Magnetics products, which are at the frontier of digital wallcoverings?
There has been a surge in demand for our award-winning magnetic wallcovering product, creating a great opportunity for certified installers to make their mark in this emerging and quickly growing market. As we continue to grow our installer network this first pioneer group will have the ability to demonstrate leadership, with opportunity for career growth.
If candidate is under further consideration, initial interview will be followed by a full-day training program and then must complete three successful Visual Magnetics installations (one including VM DRYerase) to become a Visual Magnetics Certified Installer.
Location Opportunities nationwide
• Install Visual Magnetics products and finished graphics on wall surfaces and panel fixtures utilizing Visual Magnetics recommended techniques in various environments (commercial and residential).
• Work closely with the Production Manager, Project Manager and customer to efficiently plan, set up and execute installations in a timely manner.
• Have an understanding of the project scope, timing, materials and customer communications, at times for multiple projects.
• Provide proactive, real-time, immediate feedback if there is an issue to the Project Manager
• Provide on-site installation feedback and information that could lead to improved installation techniques.
• Must have a High School Diploma
• Must be licensed and insured
• Must have professional experience in on-site installations and customer service
• Must be highly detail oriented, a problem solver, show initiative, have excellent follow through and have an aptitude to learn and to listen to the customer
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work well in busy construction environments, work independently, manage multiple priorities and to remain positive under tight deadlines
• Experience in wallpaper hanging highly preferred, interior wall painting and graphic installation preferred
• Experience in wood/fixture fabrication, including laminating materials preferred
• Must have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
• Must have basic computer skills (email, basic spreadsheets and word processing)
• Must consistently present himself/herself in a professional manner on the job site
• Must be able to maintain a clean and orderly work environment
The physical demands described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by the installer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the installer is regularly required to: sit, stand, carry objects up to 60 pounds by himself/herself (as many times as necessary to complete task) and to work off of ladders/staging. The installer will need to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required to this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described in this job description may vary from site to site, but most will be representative of those an installer would encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be high if power tools are in use.
*Optional: Please send a portfolio or photographs of prior completed work/installations with job application.
Visual Magnetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer